Sunday 15 March 2015

A small obsession with frozen... not the film

SBB has been getting me to try new foods.

After years after declaring hatred for them SBB has encouraged me to try, and I've discovered I enjoy, the following:

  • Marmite
  • Yellow peppers (still can't stand the reds or greens, though)
  • Cauliflower
The last one was a real surprise to me. I really hated it. Really, really. But now I can't understand what the fuss was about.

I've been trying to add more vegetables to our diet and have recently become obsessed with frozen vegetables. I bought a bag of mixed frozen veg a few years ago (which had red pepper in - not a great start!) and we hated it. Perhaps I went too cheap with it? We've always had frozen peas but they were all we had. Obviously I buy fresh vegetables but I want the flexibility of frozen veg.


Anyway I decided to try again and I'm so glad I did. I've been adding it to almost everything lately. Burgers and sweet potatoes with frozen veg? Simple, healthy and tasty!


Have you recently discovered a taste for anything you previously didn't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment