Thursday 7 August 2014

Getting the keys and first photos

Unfortunately, the first time we decorated the flat we weren't that good with taking photos. The flat was our first home together and we were just excited to decorate it and move in. I've drawn up a floorplan - it's not accurate but it will give you a rough idea of the layout.

I put the floorplan together on www.floorplanner.com, it was free and easy to use but you can only make one plan with the basic account (they haven't asked me to review their site, it was just something I found online).

Here are some pictures of the place when we got the keys:



 Sexy bathroom, huh? The tiles were two different types around the bath as you can see from the photo and those purple mosaic stickers? Coated with gunk and hair around the edges. Lovely. Now, take a moment to admire the pale pink bathroom suite. It's hideous, yes, but perfectly fine to use so we kept it. We tried to tone down the 'pinkness' of it all when we decorated, which I'll show you later.
 Hallway
 Living room

The bottom photo is the dining room end of the kitchen. We didn't take any photos of the unit end but it had a horrible cork flooring that was glued down so SBB spent probably about 2 hours scraping it all off.


I'd like to point out that all of the furniture in these photos is the previous owner's. The cleaning products are mine though, it was definitely needed - I've got two words for you: cat poo. Under the bed. Essentially I bleached the whole place!

Pink bathrooms and dubious silver stripe choices in the bedroom aside, the rooms were great sizes and once we'd redecorated the rooms felt large and airy. I'll show you how we redecorated in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment