Friday 15 January 2016

20 weeks pregnant

Concern for Cillian has kept us on our toes for the last couple of weeks since he came home and he's gradually returning to his old self - i.e. a cantankerous little bugger. It's lovely to have him back!

Christmas Day brought about my 20 week mark and I spent the day on my feet. By the time the evening came round I was feeling distinctly odd - like I'd overeaten or had something that didn't agree with me, even though I'd actually only eaten a small amount.

Boxing Day was spent with SBB's family on the Mainland. My sister-in-law is also pregnant - about 5 weeks behind me - so we had a lot to talk about. She's having her second baby and it wasn't exactly planned so she had some anxieties she wanted to talk about.

Finally New Year's Eve brought the event we'd been looking forward to in the last few months of 2015 - our 20 week scan!
Keeping our 12 week scan experience in mind I drank a small glass of water and wore shoes that were easy to take off for when they weighed me. They didn't weigh me and I didn't need to give a urine sample.
Oh well.

The department was really quiet when we arrived - at almost 4pm on NYE I wasn't that surprised.


(The department Christmas tree and the scan picture payment machine)

Our baby's eye socket


We didn't find out the sex of the baby - we're going to wait until it's born. Now we've reached the halfway point it's getting very exciting! This week we put together the cot and the pram and were pleasantly surprised that it was easier than we thought.

Excuse the boxes - cot packaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment