Sunday 7 December 2014

Week 4 - DIY Christmas Coundown... Oh this is so shameful...

Okay, I have a confession to make. We didn't do a single thing to the flat this week. Not. One. Thing.

I'm a little bit ashamed of this, mainly because I made a huge announcement a few weeks ago about how we were going to finish the flat before Christmas and yet week-by-week, enthusiasm has waned and this week stuttered and died.

Well. Maybe that's a bit of an overstatement. SBB was working 12 hour days and my Dad was pretty wiped out from a weekend of helping my brother redo his central heating. So it would have just been me on my Todd doing... painting... I suppose.

Oh, and I've missed out one very important point - I broke my car window. I've made that sound very dramatic but there wasn't any broken glass it just got... stuck... inside the door. While winding down the passenger window, it made a clunk and didn't come back up when I pressed the button. So, naturally, I spent the next five minutes wanging the button up and down trying to 'fix' it.

Mistake.

Turns out the window had fallen out of the little plastic clips that hold onto it and I'd made rather a mess of the wires. My brother told my Dad what parts to order and he then had to put it all to rights. Now, because I have a Skoda that involved taking the entire inside of the door off. So that took time. Add to that the fact that it was getting cold and dark by the time my Dad finished work and, understandably, it took him a while to work up the enthusiasm. He eventually fixed it. In the rain. (My Dad's a hero!)

So week 4 was a complete let-down as far as DIY was concerned but I did get to catch up on unwatched episodes of Silent Witness. What? That doesn't count as work or progress? Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment