Friday 4 March 2016

27 weeks pregnant

The heartburn eased at the beginning of this week and I finally got to go out for my birthday curry with SBB at Tamarind in Newport - our favourite restaurant.

I took my 'usual' afternoon walk for the first time this year and managed to do it again a couple of days later. It felt good and wasn't too uncomfortable, although I did have a bum/head pressing hard against my belly the majority of the walk. This baby loves the exercise!
The weather was good for the first time in ages so it was a lovely walk and I enjoyed the countryside.




I had ordered some swimwear from Sports Direct and that arrived this week. I bought a maternity swimsuit as mine were getting tight and uncomfortable. I also ordered a black tankini top to wear during labour, which is a little... skimpy... in the chest area. SBB raised an eyebrow when I tried it on, but, as I pointed out - some women go naked in the birthing pool so it's not like the midwives are going to look at me and think 'she's showing a bit too much breast for labour'. It ties at the neck so it will be very simple to tug free for breastfeeding and skin-to-skin. Plus it was only £2!

I feel like a bit of a broken record mentioning my discomfort during sleep, but its been a bit uncomfortable again - my hip aches from sleeping in the one position and my ear was aching too this week.

Our shower - after breaking twice within two weeks - has finally been fixed. Thank heavens for electrical-savvy fathers!



No comments:

Post a Comment