Tuesday 26 April 2016

34 weeks pregnant - Pelvic Girdle Pain

This was the week that Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) made an appearance. Essentially it occurs because the spongey bits in the pelvis become too loose due to an excess of relaxin. Or, in my case, it's likely due to relaxin mixed with my hypermobility.

For me it tends to manifest first as heavy pain 'down below' - which gets sharper if I stand on one leg (to climb stairs, or put trousers on etc.) - and then progresses to shooting pain in my right buttocks and then on to shooting pains down my right leg. If I get to the shooting pain stage, I know I've been on my feet too much during the day and it continues through the night - making it difficult to  turn over in bed and get up to go to the bathroom.

It makes walking around a little awkward.

Baby has seemed to be mostly in position, although the bum sticks out to the left of the bump (as I'm looking at it). It seems to get hiccups at least once a day, although there isn't any particular time of day.

Have I mentioned the nicknames we have for baby? As we already call Cillian our baby, it was causing some confusion. So I started calling the baby 'Uby' - short for 'unborn baby' but it never really took on. Then I started to call it 'Monkey Nut' which SBB declared it was one he could 'really get behind'. So, there it is.

Baby likes to have fingers gently tapped over the belly and loves having the shower sprayed against my belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment